I think this quote kind of sums up the day but my colleague summed it up nicely at dinner “It’s not so much a ton of new ideas but rather just an articulation of them”.
Here’s my highlights from #sxsw Day 2:
1. Session on Gaming: Gamers know the secret to success is to lose fast and find the edges. I love this. Can apply to virtually every area of business. Also, gamers believe constant improvement is possible.
2. Food trucks & social media: One of the biggest drives for food trucks is Yelp. Made me think if/how I can use it for sports buisness. Can I get our restaurant listed on foodie sites? Can i get us listed as events all over town? Some basic ways to use sites looking to “recommend” to list you.
3. Branding: U can’t win friends (customers) if you only talk about your self. The most influential content will transcend the brand with an engaging mix of articles, info graphics, video links, etc that span across common interests. I think this is a common problem with sports teams and business in general. They like to talk about themself.
4. Branding with Athletes: CAA said its hard for athletes to have true brand exposure on Twitter only. So, they’ve created platforms like this for fans to interact with their brands. httpv://www.youtube.com/user/FollowJimmer?feature=relchannel
5. Nike Fuel Band: If you haven’t heard about it, here is the info. As I mentioned in yesterday’s post the Tampa Bay Lightning are leading the way in terms of sports franchises and RFID technology, however this band has my mind spinning. Can’t wait to discuss how we use this technology to enhance our customer experience. Hands down, the best conversations so far have been between my team and this band.
I think that’s enough for one day. I know I’m exhausted.
The human charger.
Meet Rodney (or per the picture, Rodney’s back) aka my human Fed Ex charging machine. I just plugged into his jacket and he’d walk with me between sessions.
It was awesome.
As is this conference.